Is Alan Dershowitz's role on earth to help murderers and soviet spies/double-agents to stay out of prison?

• TNO

No.

His role on this earth is really to be a celebrity lawyer, basically. One that benefits Israel since he's very pro-Israel and apparently a very good lawyer too, though I can't say I approve of all the people he has worked for. People turn to Dersh to give legal opinions, and to work on high-profile cases.

I know the murderer you reference, but what Soviet spies/double-agents are you referencing? I know he's helped Soviet Jewry with their plight before, but these were individuals who fled Russia and wanted no part with the communist regime. It would be a disgrace to call them such things like spy or double-agent. And if you're talking about Trump, then I have to roll my eyes. There is no serious evidence he's working for Putin, and if he's a pawn like some people believe then he's an unwilling on and that doesn't make him a spy or double-agent.

• BMCR

What double agents are you referring to exactly?

Alan Dershowitz is a great defendor of Israel and Jews. He is doing a great job tackling antisemites in the US who challenge Israel's rite to exist. Read "the case of Israel". Quite an interesting book. 

Source(s): Orthodox Jew

Dershowitz is a tool and an attention ho. That is it, so the role you described would be fitting. He is good at what he does, but he should not be doing it.