My employer wants me to take 10 days off over Christmas.?

So in my contract is says im allowed 20 days holiday a year plus bank holidays .

My company however shuts down over Christmas and i have to use some of my holiday, but it does not state how many days holiday i need to save for Christmas, the other employees have told me its around 10 days or whenever they feel like opening back up the company. I have read online that have to give me at least twice the notice for the amount of holiday they want me to have off , so i would need 20 days notice for 10 days off. What would happen if i used 15 days holiday during the year as it does not say how many days i need to save for Christmas then they ask me to have 10 days off over Christmas. So then i would be 5 over, surely they couldn't not pay me the 5 days i had over as i was not given any notice. Thanks. 

OK, then you should take advantage of that and takeoff.

It's ten business days off.   Plan accordingly.

• GTB

Be frugal and save up for the time. Grow up. This is a common practice.

I would do it. That gives you all year to plan which is just a few weeks in elf time. I love being off the week after Christmas

Ho Ho Ho, only 341 sleeps till we come with Santa. 2 or 3 weeks depending on the weather in our Elf time.