Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Who keeps deleting my answers, I've followed the rules yet find they keep disappearing?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Usually, when a question or answer gets "reported", it gets deleted. Nobody looks at it, or checks whether it actually deserved to be reported. There aren't enough "moderators" available to do that, given that this site deals with hundreds of posts per second.

They just auto-delete the reported entry, and in theory you can contest it being reported, which takes several weeks.

So if someone doesn't like what you are saying, for political or religious reasons or whatever, or even just because they are a troll d1ck, and if they understand how this site works, they can kill your comment.

I don't find that it happens all that much, maybe 1 out of every 15 times that I write something... but I have learned to leave certain questions alone, because answering them is pointless, some questions are basically trying to incite hate speech.

• 1 month ago

Can't really complain until Yahoo start charging to use Answers

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Job 12:23 ¶ HE MAKES NATIONS GREAT, AND DESTROYS THEM; He enlarges nations, and guides them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The few visible questions you have are asking other peoples opinions of things.

That's classed as "chat" and is against the site rules, so anything like that will be reported by various people.

Valid questions are "fact seeking"; peoples guesses or opinions on something are not facts.

Valid questions also do not try to push ideas on to others (that's ranting, no matter how it is worded. You may not do that but a lot do).

Read the rules properly and you should never get anything reported / deleted.

I've had 3 - 4 items reported out of tens of thousands of posts, probably trolls attacking something I posted relating to rules.

[Now using anonymous for anything specifically re. rules]

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The point is no one person can remove anything on their own,but several Trolls could ring each other up and arrange to report enmasse ??

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Two Jews are fond of reporting.

• Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

They are indeed. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Same as my questions disappear... I am willing to bet it's intelligence agencies in my case trying to stop a wronged man from sowing seeds of resistance, opening minds and exposing how the system truly works. 

The system is terrified of certain ideas and truth so they'll delete things and give you no reason for it, but it's obvious why, fear of the inevitable, change. 

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

The rabbit hole goes far deeper I'm sure... Police saying they were afraid of offending minorities is laughable... I'm sure we'll be left to speculate on the real reasons nothing was done... 

• geezer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If a question ''disappears'' then it usually means that it's been reported .. and was automatically deleted .. and you should get an e-mail telling you that this has happened .. and that you have lost points.

You need to appeal .. and only then will someone (a real person) look at your question and decide whether to 'return it' or not .. if they do you get your points back .. but if they uphold the reporting then you lose more points.

There is (however) no way that you can find out who reported you.

• David George
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

They dont seem to send E mails these days,nor does it seem possible to appeal. The site has changed quite a bit recently.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The computer system that runs the site removes posts once they have enough reports. You may think you followed the rules, but could be wrong. Every user on this site is a "moderator", which is why the site is Community Moderated. What's your knowledge seeking question about a relevant current event?

• 1 month agoReport

This is a current event for me. 

• 1 month ago

Yahoo has all sorts of quirks. You just have to accept them as best you can. And I think volunteers show up every now and then and earn their pay by deleting random questions so it looks like they're busy.

• canadacraig
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Thumbs down. Please go fvck yourselves. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.