promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 3 months ago

Which are vegan alternatives to cow milk? ?

I’m already a vegetarian but I want to cut down on dairy consumption. 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Soy milk, almond milk, rice milk. They won't taste the same, but they are alternatives.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

My favourite plant-based milk is oat milk. It has very little environmental impact on the world and it tastes really good. 

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Coconut milk is quite nice too. They go well with lattes and have it in most coffee shops like Starbucks and costa . Also coconut milk is meant to be quite good for you .

• 3 months ago

i'd go for soy myself for various reasons but now as well as one brand name there are oat, rice for starters come down substantially in price in uk in recent years, maybe the b word influences.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ian
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

There are no vegan milk alternatives. When you buy "milk" made from soyabeans etc. the byproducts (most of the crop) get used for animal feed, so you support the animal farming industry every time you buy them.

• 3 months ago

Oat milk lollolkll

• 3 months ago

Almond milk.

• 3 months ago

You can try any of the other milk alternatives. However, you can try an a!alternative approach, mix dairy milk and an alternative you can just like in equal volumes. That way you can get use to it, and at the same time your reducing your dairy intake by 50%.

• 3 months ago

Soya production isn’t environmentally friendly. It tastes like insipid rice-water to me and the mouthfeel/texture is just wrong.

After trying all the commonly available alternatives, including hemp milk, I settled for oat milk. It needs a shake before use but tastes good even in tea, and is really great on cereals. It also comes in thicker cream-like versions and as a “barista edition” which I’ve no use for as I hate the smell and flavour of coffee, but is clearly intended for use in coffee machines which produce hot frothy milk with a steam-wand. There are different brands of oat milk with slightly different formulas; one leaves unsightly oily drops on top of any hot drink. My preferred brand by far is Oatly.

Hemp milk was closest in appearance, texture and flavour to real milk, but it left a nasty gritty residue at the bottom of any tea I added it to. If that’s not a problem for you then try that amongst your first experimental choices.

You’re really only going to find out what you like by buying and trying the many alternatives on the adjacent shelves to soya milk in any large supermarket.

https://www.oatly.com/int/

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Soya milk, almond milk, hazel nut milk.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.