Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why is my puppy's leg raw and swollen? ?

I discovered today that one of my puppies has a really raw and swollen part on his skin on his right hind leg. Does anyone know what this is? I'm not sure if it is swollen because his foot got caught in the cage or because of excessive licking. I'm really worried because he is only about 3 weeks old. 

Take it to the vet.

Also, why was a 3 week old puppy in a cage?

That needs to be look at by a Vet. There are so many many skin problems in dog that it takes a Vet to diagnosis it. No way any of us would know what this is unless it happened to one of us.

3 weeks old? Do you have the mother? If you don't have the mother this pup needs special handling & special care, the product of a stupid ignorant backyard breeder breeding pets.

take it to a vet and find out why

• Jack H

Get to the vet before he loses the leg...

It's raw because you didn't cook it first.

We would have to have a "crystal ball" to know any more than you do - about WHAT HAPPENED.  I do know, that no 3 week old puppy (or puppies) BELONG in a cage or crate - they should ONLY BE..... in a whelping box!!!  Get the puppy to your vet for TREATMENT, today!

Please go to the vet!

• Maxi

So get the pup down to the vet as you have no idea if there is a fracture and/or it can get a secondary infection