Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Field grade article 15; is my goose cooked?

On a training rotation I was caught off post without being signed out with alcohol.

Both are infractions as alcohol was banned a few weeks ago.

Was ordered breathalyzer by MP blew yellow.

This morning signed counseling, was informed by commander that they were recommending field grade article 15.

The documents they gave me gave two names for legal advice.

Experience please. Is my goose cooked?

Favorite Answer

no way to tell

like where are you at, what rank are you?

they can all effect the art15 and the aftermath

depending on rank, the art 15 might just disappear or it might follow you around for life, like herpes

Officer ranks are in three groups. Company grade (2 LT, 1 LT, Capt) Field grade (Major, Lt Col, Col) and Flag grade (Generals) The difference is the higher the grade of the Art 15 the more punishment they can give you. So a field grade officer can do more to you than a company grade officer. You can refuse to accept the Art 15. In that case they can either drop the whole matter OR they can court martial you. The fact they bumped it up to field grade probably means they will not just drop it. On the flip side is you can overcome an Art 15 if you stay out of trouble and do a good job on duty. Go talk to the JAG office and see what they say.

Article 15 is  NONJUDICIAL punishment. If you think that = your goose is cooked, you never made it past basic and your story is BS.