Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 1 month ago

so Life has no point, we wonder if there is one, but that's only because we want there to be, there isn't. Nothing could matter, why bother?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Life. No point? We are the point. 

We are the point of everything which went before. And we are point of whatever should emerge from us. 

Life is transcendence. From nothing to ascendency. Enlightenment from ignorance.

Lux Ex Nihil.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

You're not asking a question but ranting and preaching what you think. Questions don't have an opinionated answer in it.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Welcome to the world of post-Christian existentialism with a hint of nihilism.

To paraphrase Meher Baba, don't bother, be happy, that is to say, be harmonious, and love who you are, your childhood memories of joy and kindness.  Those are some of your treasures, and your soul--your inner child--returns to them gladly, as you, the adult, give her permission.

Related:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow's_hierarchy_o... for a basic roadmap.

Try reading the 120-page novella "The Great Divorce," it helps.

Check https://www.mothermeera.com for insights.

Unclear if you're much into reading a good book, but if you are, on a warmed winter's night, "Autobiography of a Yogi," "Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet, and "For Couples Only" are good; also, "The Code of the Woosters," "In a Sunburned Country," and "Beams from Meher Baba."

• 1 month ago

mmmm chicken yum

chickens life had point to be our dinner

apparently your point is to ask this question

everything is relative

and at the centre of the web is self

our prison

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because you might find love. Otherwise yes - it's nothing.

• I've never wondered.  Why bother ...with what?  Finish the question if you want a valid answer.  But generally speaking, I've never let anything or anyone besides me to define who I am...even "the meaning of life", if there is one.

• Liz
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Well, you're wrong. My life does have a point because of what Jesus said at Matthew 5:3 “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the Kingdom of the heavens belongs to them." And God is the ultimate source of life and he wants us to live it to the best of our abilities, we are told at Ecclesiastes 12:13 "The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man."

Many people have found comfort and meaning for their lives by looking into what the Bible has to say. Why not browse the website below and look for the series of personal articles "The Bible Changes Lives." On jw.org, go to About Us > Experiences > THE BIBLE CHANGES LIVES.

Source(s): jw.org
  • 1 month ago

Wrong. You don't know what you're talking about. You're feeling sorry for yourself. 

• 1 month ago

Instead of moaning that your life has no purpose, why don't you volunteer at an animal sanctuary? Try raising money for good causes. Try using your time to help the poor animals of the world. That would give you purpose. Sitting down and moaning that your life is miserable is a waste when you could be helping making the world a better place for others. Out of thousands of sperm, you got there first. You are here for a reason. So stop feeling sorry for yourself and think of others, help them.

Source(s): I have been battling severe mental health for 20 years.
  • 1 month ago

If you want life to have a purpose, then go ahead and figure one out for yourself.  If you don't want life to have a purpose, we can just exist without really knowing why.  We humans have the choice.  Or at least the convincing illusion of one.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.