Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My brother wants to buy my house But I refuse to let him buy it from me.?

My brother wants to buy my house to move out of mom and dad's, but I refuse to sell it because, I am too poor to get another house, and do not want to sell my home. now because I said no, he saying "There will be consequences to pay if I do not sell him my home" what do I do give him what he wants or see if he'll do something?

I should have also added he wants to only give me $300 for my house

• Bort
    Favorite Answer

There's nothing he can do. He's trying to bully and intimidate you which is probably one of the many reasons the parents want him out or he doesn't like living with the parents because they're being parents and trying to not allow him to be a dick head.

• PAMELA

You report him to the police for threats, that is what you do, tell everyone what he is trying to do, tell your parents, and sit tight, on no account sell him your house, let him find his own place to live, do not let him move in with you, that would be a disaster.

• Eva

There's no reason you have to sell him your home. Be careful though. Does he have violent tendencies or has abused you in the past? Why does he want your home instead of finding one of his own? Enlisted your parents' help.

its your house,you have every right to keep it

If your brother has the funds to buy your house, then why can't he find a different one?

This question makes absolutely no sense

• lala

What ??? 300 dollars for a house ??? Is it a joke a troll or what ?? 

D o not sell your house 

Your bro is just   black  mailing you 

Tell him to go to hell 

If you own a house and someone is willing to pay you for it, how are you too poor to get another house?  I mean if you own the house there is nothing saying you have to sell, and your brother shouldn't be blackmailing you into selling, but something doesn't add up here.  If you're the seller you get to set the price.

• ?

Youre not in any way obligated to sell your house to anyone, family or not. It may cause some tensions within your family, but youre well within your rights to decline.

Why doesn’t he buy another house. 

If he wants it that desperately, it makes me think that someone wants to buy it and demolish it so he’ll get top dollars for the land or there’s an oil field underneath the ground.