Can I own 2 cars?

I'm 22 year's old and just got my license 4 months ago yeah I know you guys are legally allowed to make fun of me all you want cause that's honestly embarrassing to just get a driver's license at that age but anyways I have a manual transmission car and I want to buy a beater car aka ecobox daily beater car point a to point b car commuter car a car to cruise in everyday 

I know it's a dumb question because I know the answer is that yes you can own 2 cars under your name but since I'm new to this I want to know how it'll work out 

I'm under my families insurance and I pay 135 a month for my insurance and I'm wondering how much insurance it's gonna cost me for owning 2 cars at my age specially since I'm new to driving with little experience cause I want to keep my stick shift car and use it as a project race car and buy an automatic car to daily drive I would honestly get a second stick shift as a daily beater and have 2 stick shift cars but it's honestly kinda more work for me driving around in a stick and I honestly just want to relax and just press the gas pedal to cruise around without the hassle of shifting gears and not rolling back and slowly creeping up in slow bumper to bumper traffic and I'm thinking of getting an old Toyota or Civic as a daily beater and I'm hoping that I don't have to pay a lot on insurance cause it's bad enough already that I have to pay rent and I'm not sure how the process of owning 2 cars are 

• zipper

If you can afford the insurance coverage and pay for the cars you can own as many as you want, This is America if you can afford it that works; un like mother RUSSIA!

I got tired halfway through the rant. You can own as many cars as you can pay for. Whatever else you want to know, ask again in a separate and shorter question.

• david

When you own 2 cars, besides paying for both of them, you have to pay more for insurance, more for registration, and more for maintenance.  If, at the age of 22, there are better things to be putting your money toward, maybe you should do that.  I've been driving a manual car for 31 years now and I don't think of it as hard.  For several reasons, I prefer it, and I drive between 36k and 40k miles per year.

• Ron

I'm making fun of you because you can only afford one car and you haven't figured out what punctuation is.

• bo

yea why not I own five

Project cars are for people with a LOT of spare cash.  Finish going to college.  Be a surgeon, structural engineer or something that will provide you with more than enough  money and then you can think of that project 94 Supra or 68 Camaro.