Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 1 month ago

What’s wrong with my mouth?

So I take really good care of my teeth (floss daily, brush 2-3 times a day), but I’ve noticed that a certain part of my gums have been bleeding (and it hurts to brush there). I have just recently switched from natural toothpaste back to regular toothpaste also. Could it be just my mouth adjusting or something I should be concerned about?

• Nathan

That's usually a sign of him disease or you brushing too harshly. It may be that the chemicals in the toothpaste, and your harsh brushing, are damaging your gums

I had the same. My dentist advised me to get a soft tooth brush and use an antiseptic mouthwash called corsodyl. It stopped. If not then best to get it checked out at the dentist.

One of two things

Either a) you have gum disease or b) you are brushing too hard along the gums, and its irratating them, causing them to bleed.

If its gum disease: It could be your not brushing your gums the right way, it doesn't matter if you brush 100x a day, if your not brushing the correct way, plac builds up and begins to erode the gums. This is fixable, learn to brush IN circles gently around both the bottom and top gums, and the back too, do this 2-3 a day and your fine, I would also recommend listerine too! If left untreated, what will end up happening, is your gums will erode and it will shrink the roots in your teeth, causing them to fall out and never grow back.

If its merely brushing to hard- Same thing kind of if you keep doing this you will wear down the gums! Slow down, and be gentle, don't be forceful, gentle and slow circle strokes along the gumline is what you want to do.

Good luck.

You may be brushing incorrectly or too hard. I assume you use a soft brush as dentists say you should. It may or may not be the toothpaste. Try and heal your gum by rinsing with warm salty water and avoid brushing that part of the gum. Consider if you are brushing correctly. Have you considered using an electric toothbrush, they're great, your teeth look shiny like they've just been cleaned at the dentist (or maybe you already do use one). I'm no expert, so hopefully you'll get a more satisfactory answer from someone.