Is my friend right?

I’m in my thirties.  I usually prefer to wear trousers to jeans, because they better suit.  My best friend said I dress like I’m working in an office, that I should wear jeans instead of nice trousers for everyday wear.  I suspect she might be jealous, but I’m wondering if I should dress more casually in front of her, or if I should wear whatever I like wearing, as long as it’s not a beautiful dress that would make her feel bad.  I’ve noticed that she can only afford old jeans and cheap hoodies.  

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No, she is not. You do not have to wear casual clothes, if you do not want to and you can wear whatever you want.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

She's not jealous!  Sounds like you are showing off your money.  Not cool.  

Buy her a clothes when you buy clothes.  Be kind to her.

• kathryn4 weeks agoReport

I’m not hiding my money.  However, I’m not trying to show it off.  I’ve tried to get her nice things.  She doesn’t have any use for them she said.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Dress how you like, do whatever makes you happy. Friends are supposed to be there to make you feel good about yourself but this friend ain't do any of that, she's toxic. Just drop her. I bet you're thriving in your trousers ;))

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Just tell her "bless your heart"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

While it is fine to listen to advice, you don't always have to take it! Thank her, and wear what you prefer!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It could be that your friend sees your outfits as dated or more of a business casual look, and her look might be more casual and trendy.  Jeans do look stylish with anything, and they're wardrobe classics.  Her old jeans might actually be not so old.  I think jeans might give you a more updated look.  At the same time, you do have to be comfortable in your clothes, so keep your trousers, but be open to at least trying new things.  

• 1 month ago

Dress for you anf no one else

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Be you. Don't change to make others comfortable or you will never stop bending for each person you meet and you will lose yourself.

• M.P.
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Get better friends, and wear whatever makes you feel haute & confident.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.