promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
andy asked in PetsDogs · 3 months ago

What do I do if my dog chewed on a grape?

I found a random grape on my dog's bed and it was slightly chewed up (like he spat it out cause it might of tasted bad to him, which is good). At first, I wasn't going to mind about it till I decided to check if grapes were bad in a few seconds. I'm kind of panicking right now and I am unsure WHEN he ate the grape. Also, I don't have anything that can help with inducing vomit (like hydrogen peroxide and all) and it's night as of currently so I can't find any vets that might be closeby and are open. Can I be provided what to expect if he had a bit of grape and how should I take care of this fast?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

    Your dog will probably fine. My dog has actually eaten a grape before and didn't react to it.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Use a shock collar.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

    A single grape will do your dog no harm so just make sure it dont get anymore

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Put it down. Grapes are not safe for dogs.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jojo
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    One grape is not going to kill  your dog. 

    • E. H. Amos
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

      No, it won't PROVIDED it only got ONE. but they are TOXIC and do do some amount of PERMANENT damage to the kidneys.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Yes grapes, chocolate, etc. should always be avoided from dogs but they are toxic in certain amounts, which differs depending on the dog’s size/weight. If it was one grape, especially if he/she didn’t fully eat it, your dog should be fine

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

    With all these things that are no-nos for dogs, it's usually the effect of eating them long-term, causing a build up of toxins, that causes damage.   Of course there may be the odd dog who reacts badly immediately, but in general all you'll see (mainly chocolate) is some diarrhoea and not even that.   Just keep an eye on things and DON'T PANIC.   And do not induce vomiting for just one grape!!   If necessary, this should be done by a qualified vet, and pretty much immediately after eating something dangerous.

    • E. H. Amos
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

      I do think think OP ought to get and have a first aid kit (of sorts) for his dog - which INCLUDES hydrogen peroxide.  Emergencies do not happen at convenient times.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

    Nothing. It's a grape, not a black widow spider.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

    Some dogs can react to eating one grape but very very few.  However,  grapes have a hidden toxin that if fed regularly will build up and cause kidney failure.  I hate to say this but long before internet was around I didn't know this and used to feed grapes regularly and lost my boy with kidney failure at 4 1/2 yrs old.   I have never forgiven myself.

    Do not take notice of Jimmy C's post as they most definitely can be fatal and a quick search on google will tell you that. 

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 3 months ago

    Grapes are harmless and probably good to eat. There is nothing wrong with fruit. Hydrogen peroxide would do him a lot more harm than a grape. Relax. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.