Is sending one text a good reason  for getting a call from the cops? ?

Long story short, I was fired from a job because my managers hated me and were jealous of me. (I filed unemployment after and won so no it’s not BS). After I got fired for no reason, this girl that was friends with the manager and also hated me no called no showed after for 2 weeks and didn’t get fired. I was pissed and texted her “must be nice to still have a job after not showing up for two weeks”. Then she texted and called me over 20 times but I declined each call and didn’t reply. 

The next day I got a call from the cops and they said that if I continued to “harass” this woman, I would get a warrant for my arrest. LMAOOOO.

Favorite Answer

Are you sure it was the cops because they generally only speak to people in person. Secondly if it ever got to that point she would have to show evidence of you contacting her that much. If you didn’t do that then she would get in trouble for wasting their time. Don’t worry about it. The worst she could do with little to no evidence is get a restraining order but since you probably won’t see her again it would exactly do much.

• Bort

The text you sent was a bit inappropriate and uncalled for and could be considered harassment. Just leave her and anyone else that works there alone and keep yourself out of trouble. There is a chance that if you're charged or accused with harassing people who still work there you could lose your unemployment if they report it to the DOL.

Stay out of trouble. Stay away from them, leave them alone.

• ?

The cops dont make frivilous calls. If they felt it necessitated a warning, id take it seriously. Just dont message her again, and you wont have a problem

Isn't it interesting how the police can lie as much as they want but if you lie to them ...