Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

What's the same as a Toyota Corolla 2004? To change the transmission?

Know any cars that are exactly the same so I can watch a few videos and have a good idea of what I'm getting into. I know the basics (my dad's a mechanic and has verbally walked me through it, I don't have to remove the engine for this model) but I want to watch it a few times. I'm doing my own transmission in a few days when it gets here. (Yes I got it from a reputable place with a warranty). I'll have a few guy friends for those bolts that get extra stuck and maybe lift a tire or two. Otherwise I'm doing it, it's not my first project (serpentine belt, water pump, brakes, some valves, and censors) But never a transmission. No one's uploaded a video of the 2004 Toyota Corolla. So what cars can I watch to get the same feel?

Ask your dad, or Toyota.

It will almost be the same for any four cylinder engine, front wheel drive compact car.