Jackie D asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 month ago

Anyone else think that "anonymous" is a fake login for yahoo employees to post stupid questions?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

no one from the company Verizon the people who own Yahoo ask questions on here or they wouldn't be giving out scam help phone numbers for Yahoo

• Login to reply the answers
  • Rick
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I thought of that, from the same repeated question over-and-over again ..................................

• 1 month ago

In spite of all the respect I have for Yahoo I think it was unnecessary to allow to post anonymously.Many idiots take advantage of it,as well as giving them the possibility to hide or block unwanted harmless answer o question only because of a contrary political opinion.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.   There are enough idiots here to post the nonsense questions as it is.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ridiculous suggestion.

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nobody from Yahoo Posts on here all People that Post on here are Users Staff Members dont Post

• 1 month ago

No,  doesn't seem to be their style.............

what Yahoo use to do,  was repost  OLD questions, using BOTS.......

always a level 1 account,  always just a one name account,   Eric, Pam,  Josh, Ben, Barney...........whatever.......and they NEVER awarded best answers . 

That's how you knew it was a bot. 

Sometimes the question itself was a tip off that it was a regurgitated question. 

and if you C&P'ed the question and hit SEARCH.....you could often find the ORIGINAL question,  from years ago........with the exact same punctuation and spelling errors. 

The theory was at the time, that they do this occasionally to beef up the site, and usership numbers,   when it's time to re-set the AD rates.  The boards are suddenly flooded with old regurgiated  BOT questions. 

Most of the anonymous drivel,  is just the worst trolls here,  point gaming......and awarding themselves best answers with their many sock puppets. 

Every time I see my stalker get a BA, it is invariably by "Anonymous"  and the answer is pure rubbish.  It's clearly  straight up point gaming by trolls. 

• No, I do not think it would be Yahoo/Verizon Media employees doing this.  Over half of this site post here anonymous. There are plenty of people here who give fake posts or just live in a fantasy world believing they are in charge of what goes on here on this website and know all of the problems and why they happen.

• 1 month ago

No.

WHAT Yahoo employees. Verizon night and has owned what is left of Yahoo Inc. since June, 2017. Whether Yahoo,'s or Verizon's Verizon Media's name is o. Their paychecks only Verizon or maybe the few surviving Yahoo employees no. Verizon does NOT PAY employees to monitor or moderate YA or post rants on YA. Very likely Russia and Chiba are PAYING people to see up Yahoo email accounts or ate setting up hundreds of not accounts to flood YA with spam and misinformatio.

• 1 month ago

No. Although we are known to post stupid questions, we also post sensible questions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.