Parameter for Gaming Computer?

I'm looking into a new desktop computer. I mostly want it as a office computer, but some gaming won't hurt. What are good specifications to have to run simple games?

I mostly play stuff such as: Sims, SimCity, Cities Skyline, Rocket League & Fortnite.

So what CPU/Graphics Card/RAM would be good to have for this?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sims?,  you think sims is an easy game for a pc to run?...have you seen sims 4 running  on max settings?,  i assure you it's not as easy on the processor video card and memory as you appear to believe...

best yet  check out the needed specs here

www.canyourunit.com

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

CPU: There's not really been any big leaps in performance in CPU outside of multithreading performance, which few programs outside of CAD and video editing take advantage of. So anything in the Intel i5 4000-series or later, or any AMD Ryzen5 will serve you well. Avoid a Ryzen3 or i3 if you can, though. If you want to splurge for an i7 or Ryzen7, you certainly can, but it's not going to make a huge difference.

RAM: 16GB is pretty much minimum for a solid gaming PC. Faster speeds on this are better, but unless you are building the PC yourself, you likely won't be able to get the speed specs for the RAM.

GPU: Here's where things get a bit messier. For a gaming PC, you want a discreet graphics card, not an integrated graphics chip. This is because integrated graphics chips don't have their own dedicated RAM, which results in slower read/writes to the RAM it uses. Assuming you want to stay sort of on a budget, I'd recommend something with a GeForce 1050Ti, GeForce 1060 (6GB RAM version), or anything in the Radeon RX 500 series with 4 or 8GB of RAM.

• ...Show all comments
    • MagicianTrent
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

Not for those, no. However, 6GB was the rage a few years ago because it was required for VR, and therefore within a couple years it will likely become the minimum specs for almost all new games. So going 6GB would be future-proofing.

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.