Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What does 'i'll plan around' mean here?

I am arranging to meet a friend in the coming weeks. They got back with the following message.

What does What does 'i'll plan around' mean here?

"OK so I'm not free next weekend or the weekend of 25th. I'm free any other weekend at the moment. My sisters birthday is also on 30th so there's that too. I'm supposed to be seeing a friend in London at some stage but I'll plan around what you and I decide to do!"

Is this something you would say to someone you care about?

I just asked a similar question. I asked if my friend still wants to hang out and she just said "no". Which to me sounds kinda rude. Seems like your friend is trying to make plans to hang out with you but she might have to rearrange her schedule some.

It's something I would say to someone who is bugging me to get together. This person is saying that they will make plans with you, and then decide when to see the friend in London. Don't read too much into it.