Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Do you think he will kill himself if I get married to someone else. He is unstable?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You give very little backstory. If your ex is depressed and you still care about him it's OK to care. He isn't blackmailing you by being depressed. It's easy to tell manipulative scheming from genuine depression. It's OK to care for someone and you shouldn't get married to anyone else while you still care so much what that will do to him and what pain it will cause him.

It's ridiculous how people on this page assume he is blackmailing you with literally no back story, so that says a lot about their issues and literally nothing about your ex.

Its OK to care and to help him get better. Sometimes we cause each other pain and people get depressed, doesn't mean they are blackmailing us.

• ...Show all comments
    • ko4 weeks agoReport

I wasn't trying to manipulate anyone. I was trying to get my family to stop being abusive emotionally. How do we know if the OP isn't the abusive one?  Why is everyone jumping to he must be emotionally manipulative?

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

It's not your problem and he's not your responsibility. You can't make choices for someone else, or stop them from doing anything at all.

He sounds like a real case to me

• ko4 weeks agoReport

It is her problem if she cares about the guy.

• Athena
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not really your business.

You have your own life.

• 1 month ago

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". This is a form of blackmail.  And the only solution to blackmail is to never let it interfere with what you do.   Then the blackmail has no power.  Incidentally it is much less likely that any threat would be acted upon if they realize it won't work.

• ko4 weeks agoReport

Unless the man is depressed. Not everyone is a psycho like your daddy. 🙄

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Not your problem unless he is a threat to you, your fiancé or even your family. You can only do so much. And most states mentally ill people can’t be locked up unless they commit a crime. 

Source(s): MGTOW
  • 1 month ago

He crushed. He will kill himself if you leave him.

• ...Show all comments
    • Andrew Smith
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

The THREAT is what is intended.  There is no reason to take it seriously.  But if you DID take it seriously then for your entire life you would be controlled by different types of threats and blackmails.  If he DID choose suicide then at least we would all be rid of one problem.

• 1 month ago

he survived before you, he will survive after you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.