Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Do you think he will kill himself if I get married to someone else. He is unstable?

You give very little backstory. If your ex is depressed and you still care about him it's OK to care. He isn't blackmailing you by being depressed. It's easy to tell manipulative scheming from genuine depression. It's OK to care for someone and you shouldn't get married to anyone else while you still care so much what that will do to him and what pain it will cause him.

It's ridiculous how people on this page assume he is blackmailing you with literally no back story, so that says a lot about their issues and literally nothing about your ex.

Its OK to care and to help him get better. Sometimes we cause each other pain and people get depressed, doesn't mean they are blackmailing us.

• ko4 weeks agoReport

I wasn't trying to manipulate anyone. I was trying to get my family to stop being abusive emotionally. How do we know if the OP isn't the abusive one?  Why is everyone jumping to he must be emotionally manipulative?

It's not your problem and he's not your responsibility. You can't make choices for someone else, or stop them from doing anything at all.

He sounds like a real case to me

• ko4 weeks agoReport

It is her problem if she cares about the guy.

• Athena

Not really your business.

You have your own life.

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". This is a form of blackmail.  And the only solution to blackmail is to never let it interfere with what you do.   Then the blackmail has no power.  Incidentally it is much less likely that any threat would be acted upon if they realize it won't work.

• ko4 weeks agoReport

Unless the man is depressed. Not everyone is a psycho like your daddy. 🙄

Not your problem unless he is a threat to you, your fiancé or even your family. You can only do so much. And most states mentally ill people can’t be locked up unless they commit a crime. 

Source(s): MGTOW

He crushed. He will kill himself if you leave him.

• Andrew Smith
      4 weeks agoReport

The THREAT is what is intended.  There is no reason to take it seriously.  But if you DID take it seriously then for your entire life you would be controlled by different types of threats and blackmails.  If he DID choose suicide then at least we would all be rid of one problem.

he survived before you, he will survive after you.