Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What should I do?

Im trying to get my dog to brush his teeth but he won't let me. It's hard holding him with one hand & other the toothbrush. He doesn't like mint smell

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

HUMAN TOOTHPASTE WILL KILL YOUR DOG

• Login to reply the answers
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Don't use human toothpaste for dogs.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the dogs diet is correct, ie raw/bone you do not need to brush their teeth as they do not get the array of ingredients like in kibbe that rot teeth....in so far as trying to brush with human toothpaste that you do not do, bicarb of soda or one of the dog toothpastes is what you use....... and any well trained dog should accept you to doing anything

• 1 month ago

Buy a CLUE!  There are other dog toothpaste flavors BESIDES MINT - INVEST in those.  

2) Consider adding a oral hygiene product to the dog's water (like but not limited to) brands like: Oxifresh pet oral hygiene solution, Pro Dental, Oratene, or Clear Quest dental solution.  All can be found on ebay or amazon.com and some are available at most VET'S OFFICES.  

3) You can also buy fresh or frozen RAW "soup" bones for your dog to chew on & he will then NATURALLY (and happily) clean his OWN TEETH!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I tended not to brush the teeth of my hounds, relying on a full dental when needed.   But there is toothpaste of varying flavours, specially made for dogs.  Don't use human toothpaste. 

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have NEVER ever brushed my dogs teeth in all the 57 years of owning them and have NEVER had a dog with teeth or gum problems. Either buy the dog a raw knuckle bone to chew on or their are  dog teeth cleaning chews on the market you can buy. If the dog gets loads of tartar on its teeth over time, a vet can remove it quite easily. 

• 1 month ago

Feed it the correct food and theres no need to brush the dogs teeth

Attachment image
    Source(s): Id just love to see someone try to hold him down to brush his teeth. Eating fresh caught wild as he does, i dont need to brush his teeth, they stay naturally clean strong and white.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Start off by using one of those rubber kind you put over your finger to get him use to it.You can get them at most pet stores.Then after he gets use to it use a regular tooth brush with soft bristles.

• 1 month ago

get scentless tooth paste or get the treats that brush his/her teeth while they eat it

• Trisha
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Ask his vet to clean his teeth.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.