Paul asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

Combat engineer for Canadian army ?

This job seems perfect for me however I’m scared of dying. Should I still enlist?

Favorite Answer

In all the time we were in Afghanistan, and the thousands that were sent there,  only 158 died, most of them from the Infantry.  Combat engineer from Canada rarely get killed.  You are far more likely to die from an accident than from combat.

• Paul1 month agoReport

I was reading that they are always the first ones in and last ones out doesn’t that mean it’s more dangerous than infantry?

The canadian army rarely gets involved in active war.

• GTB

The risk of death in the military in armed conflict is about 10% max; there are no major armed conflicts the Canadian army is in; you decide

• Bill-M

Scared of Dying??   Why do you assume your going to die when in the Canadian Army??   They are not involved in any wars and if they were your chances of seeing combat is very slim.

You stand a higher chance of being killed driving your Car then you do in the Army.

And, I'm sure everyone is afraid of dying. We only live once.