Anonymous

why do both Hispanic people and Black people especially like "Rap Music"? what it represents to them? why?

what is the reason for this cultural tie maybe?

Favorite Answer

I don't know either but if I had to take an educated guess, i'd say it must have something to do with their low I.Q's.

Just as individuals who are of high Intellegence gravitate towards similar ideas, hobbies and interest, same principles must apply with individuals who are below average intellegence.

"Rap Music" is the "Classical Music" for the low I.Q

• Bryan1 month agoReport

You don't seem like the best and the brightest, so according to your sad excuse for logic, are you saying that you listen to rap too?

Okay, well here is my perspective, and keep in mind, I am 39 now so I am referring to my own high school and college experience in the 90's/2000's. Things might have changed a bit since then.

I went to a primarily White and Asian high school. Back then, the White kids gravitated toward the rocker or goth sub cultures or the preppy sub culture. Sometimes the preppy White kids were into rap, but for the most part White kids were more into rock, grunge, alternative, metal, etc.  

All the non White kids, including Asians, Latinos, East Indians and Middle Easterners (yes I know Latinos and Middle Easterners can be considered White, but in everyday terms, they are considered Minorities), gravitated toward rapper sub culture.  Or they listened to Freestyle or Dance music.   Also, the aforementioned groups, especially the Asians, tended to be very preppy but still listened Rap, especially Gangsta Rap at the time.  My high school had very few Blacks, but safe to say, they, too loved Rap.

So, at least back then, the Whites were "Rockers" and everyone else were  "Rappers". In my case, I can pass as White, but my dad is Latino and my mom is White American and I very much identified mostly with Rap subculture.  But my brothers and sisters were more into the "Rocker" subculture.  My experience is that most half-white half latinos tended to be de facto White people and wanted to distance themselves from the ghetto rap culture and gravitated toward rocker sub culture, especially if they look White.

If you think about it the themes of Rap music deal with urban ghetto culture, and also things like encounters with the police, and a bling bling life style which poor people who want to be rich can identify with. This would explain why Blacks and Latinos tend to gravitate toward Rap, since they are more likely to identify with the above themes.  As far as Asians, Middle Easterners and East Indians who tend to be more affluent liking Rap, I think it has to do with the fact that just the experience of being Non-White in the US kinda makes you empathize with the experience of people of color and so you would want to adopt their music and subculture.

By the way, above is just generalizations.  There are exceptions. But at least when I went to school that is how things were.

Many Latinos seem to hate blacks but, like white people and other racial groups, don't mind listening to or mimicking the style of music originated by the American black people though. Go figure. 

You don't need talent ......... you don't need 20 years of guitar lessons ....... you don't need to take singing lessons ............  for thousand of years an ethnic group in China's been rapping!!!! The Miao 

jealousy and hatred for white people (ironically many white people also like rap)