Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 3 months ago

Why does my mom pay so much for her iPhone bill?

I’m only asking here because I couldn’t find an answer online. She pays for unlimited data but it is $100 a month, no where does it say it is $100 online- why is her bill so high?

• Sam

Look how much data you use online.  Some people have unlimited but a lower plan like 2Gig would be way more then they ever even use.

Well did you ask her why? If she's like most people, at least here the in the US, then she bought her phone on a financing agreement. That means that instead of paying the phone upfront, she spread out the cost into monthly payments. Depending on the phone and model, it may be anywhere from $30-$50/month or maybe even more for the phone itself. Then then there's the cost of the service plan and other associated fees. That can be another $30-$100+ depending on the plan and what it includes.

Without seeing her bill, and knowing how many line and devices are on it, no one can even guess.