Heart Disease or Cancer?

My cholesterol is pretty high, think its over 200. I am afraid to take the Pravastatin my doctor prescribed me because I feel Statins cause Cancer possibly. I’m between a rock and a hard place because I’m 30 with high cholesterol and anti meds, afraid of the long term and short term effects of statins. The meds are sitting in my room, of taking it every other day.

Thoughts?

I was born with a severe congenital heart condition and have had 7 open heart surgeries by the age of 13. I have been taking Warfarin (blood thinner) since I was six months old, and am now 20. I’m not sure if it’s similar to your medicine but I would do whatever is best for your heart, and what your physician recommends. Cancer is unlikely.

Dear friend you can take 1 lemon juice and 1cup warm water in empty stomach in morning. Your cholesterol will control with in 1 week, and don't stop taking lemon and warm water . Thank you.

There is some new evidence that we have worried more about cholesterol than necessary. However, I also think you are being paranoid and should at least take the meds for a short while. But what you need to do anyway is TOTALLY CHANGE YOUR DIET. Both me and my partner reduced our cholesterol just by minor dietary changes.

I have cholesterol level of 212 and i refuse to take Statins. And i won't. There are many YouTube videos out there, by doctors, discussing the dangers of Statins. You have to do your own research and decide for yourself.

The only positive thing i have heard is that people who have had open heart surgery or heart attacks or strokes MIGHT benefit from Statins..... but that women should never take them. Whether this is true I have no clue. This is why i say to do research and decide what you want to do based on the information you gather

Statin's don'r cause cancer.

Build up in coronary arteries due to high cholesterol do cause cardiac arrest. 

Cholesterol has to do with heart disease/ Heart attack