promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Would this be a great place for drug dealers to hide drugs?

I'm neither a dealer or a user, I just like to watch stories of investigations (Real ones) and then ask "what if?"

Sometimes the police get a search warrant for a suspected drug dealer, and will find drugs in his home.

Sometimes they'll find it somewhere else on the property like a side shed.

But I was thinking, what about the water meter?

If you live in a residential home, you have one. It is usually circular, in the shape of a manhole cover only smaller, and it's located in your yard or driveway.

If you open it up, you'll see the gauge registering your usage as well as a hex that can be grabbed with a meter key to turn off the water to your house.

What if a dealer stashed the drugs in the water meter?

What are the odds the police would think to look there?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The dog will smell the drugs, assuming your neighbor doesn't see you and steal them first. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

They tend to bring in drug sniffing dogs and search EVERYWHERE on the property.

• 2 months ago

They don't have to "think" to look anywhere. They have trained dogs that can smell drugs, follow the scent, and lead them to the drugs.

• 2 months ago

Now that you've brought it out online I'm sure some will be hiding their stash tonight. Thanks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

the dog would lead them directly to the drugs

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Here the water is shut off for a while before the bust so the "perps" can't flush the drugs down the toilet .  Your drugs would be found first when the cop dressed as a meter reader opened the cover to turn off the water .

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A trained dog can sniff it out.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

"What are the odds the police would think to look there?"

When the K-9 unit leads the police to the meter cover and barks at it, I'm pretty sure they'd think to look in there.

When an employee of the water company comes out to read your meter, and calls the police to report drugs inside the meter, I'm pretty sure the police would think to look in there.

Storing drugs in a place that is periodically accessed by third parties is a great way to be featured on "World's Dumbest Criminals."

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Hide it up your butt. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.