Plumeria plant dehydrated or rotting?

I planted 4 plumeria cuttings last year. all rooted except one, i made the mistake of letting it grow its inflow the first year rather than producing a healthy root system.

The plumeria is currently shrivelled and softer in the middle, the bottom is still hard and firm and so is the top ( also healthy green) she is currently dormant inside my sunroom and i’m in Canada

Debating if inshould try rooting with rooting gel in water or leave it in my 20%perlite 80% cactus mix 

• Dale-E

As long as it's still has Green, it is alive. Wrap it in a wet cloth, safe from frost, leaving the firm upper end out . If any green gets down to black, that is a dead spot and will be a scar that may or may-not fill in later, or but can also spread with time while in storage and cold.

I would cut out the softer, shriveled mid section.  Then take the two left over pieces which you should trim till they are healthy looking, and try to make two small new plants.  Discard the rotted mid section.