Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

What should I put in a gift basket for someone about to go through chemo for brain cancer?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Give them a gift basket with a pencil and paper, so that they can write their Last Will & Testament while they're still physically able to do so.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If the person is able to tolerate listening to music, get some CD's of soft, soothing music and a portable player with earphones.  Some chewable ginger candies to help with the nausea might be nice.  Also, a pillow filled with lavender for relaxation might help the person sleep. 

• Jim
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Does this person like to read? You could give them a book to read while they are receiving chemo. Do they like listening to music? Provide them with an iPod if they don't already have one.

• LAN
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on what they like and exactly what kind of treatment they are getting.  There is no one chemo treatment.  There are several varieties with treatments tailored for the individual.   Most of Bills suggestions are good.

I doubt your honesty though because you posted this anonymously when there is no need.

• ...Show all comments
    • LAN
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

If you would learn not to post the same insane drivel over and over I wouldn't have anyone to troll.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Great suggestions from Bill. 

Chemo often leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth so add something like peppermint, lemon drops, barley sugar, or glacé ginger as well. 

• audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Bill had all the best ideas. If it's a woman, body lotion, cologne, scented soap might also cheer her up.

• Bill B
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Chemo is an unpleasant experience...

Things to consider:   Lip balm, hard candy, a warm blanket, puzzles, reading material, pen/paper, snacks, small games (like Boggle), etc. 

Source(s): My wife has gone through several rounds of chemotherapy.
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A scare crow would send the right message

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.