Any idea why my Steam friend is doing this?

So I met this guy back in 2010 and we used to play video games all the time. I even considered him a best friend at one point. But one day years ago he just stopped talking to me altogether. 

He has never removed me from his friends list and is still very active on Steam, although he only ever plays in offline mode.

I'm just very confused as to why someone would behave this way. Why keep someone on your friends list if you plan on ignoring them permanently? 

What could've happened? Any thoughts are appreciated

It might just be that he's more interested in single player games now, or is primasrily playing with people in real life instead of online.

• Cameron1 month agoReport

yea but i just dont get why you'd keep someone on your friends list if you plan on never speaking to them again

I know nothing about either of you, so I can't comment completely accurately. Sometimes people just drift apart. We're at the very beginning of the decade, maybe he decided to 'cast off' old friendships he was growing tired of.