Anyone still have a Nintendo 64 that has hooked it up to an HDMI TV?

I know there is the ultramod tool kit, but that is expensive and if you don't have the skills to take it apart and sodder it on there, that will cost more in labor work.

but has anyone used another HDMI output device that connects the composite cables too?

the one TV i'm using still has composite cables built in, but if there's another device or solution that isn't too expensive, to help get a better picture, i'm all for it.

or any older consoles you're playing on composite to hdmi i'd be open to hear it.

please leave links if possible for convenience.

• Favorite Answer

Okay so you can buy a composite to HDMI convertor from either Amazon or eBay, they will be cheap things from China mostly. However there are a couple of things that need to be addressed.

The convertor would have to be composite input and HDMI output. Also it would not make any difference to the graphics of your Nintendo 64 because the convertor is just channelling the video and audio signals into the TV via HDMI, it cannot convert or enhance the image or sound at all.

The other alternative is buying a HDMI adapter such as the one sold by EON which is called the Super 64 plug-and-play. This will output your N64 graphics to the max of 480p. The drawbacks are that it is expensive but the delivers the best visual graphics available without modding.

Another thing to note about the EON device is that it currently only works for NTSC consoles however EON have said they are set to release the PAL version this year I believe. For more information on that check their twitter, I saw a discussion about this very subject last month.

• Kyle
      1 month agoReport

i kept looking everywhere online for those converters.  and that is what i assumed.  it's not an upscaler like the eon piece is, it's just for tvs that have no composite connectors.  i think i'll stick with what i have for now.  maybe if i get a bonus at work or something i'll get the eon. thanks

I have a composite > HDMI converter I used because my TV only has HDMI inputs. Works pretty well on my N64. 

Edit: Got it from Amazon, there’s loads on there 

• Kyle
      1 month agoReport

where'd you get it?  if it's online can you provide a link?

• Dze

if im not mistaken the nintendo64 doesnt even put out dvd resolution just 'vga' .. the old standard .. you cant 'add' quality to video ...