Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 3 months ago

What are the income guidelines for one person BRONZE coverage Blue Cross/ Blue Shield currently?

• Zarnev
    Favorite Answer

There are no income guidelines for any ACA metal plan. You can purchase these plans no matter what your income.

There is a guideline for any subsidy for which you might qualify. If your income is between 100% and 400% (between 138% and 400% in states that expanded welfare) of the Federal Poverty Level based on your household size you might qualify for a subsidy which can help pay all or part of the premium.

Source(s): Independent Ägent

Depends on family size and where you live. Its odd in that if your income is too low you cant buy it. If its too high, you don't get any subsidy. Mine is free as I am single and my income is below $25k.  I think if my income went above $45-50k I would get little or no subsidy.  If you have 6 kids and a wife, its higher.

My income is usually $18-25k but even if it goes low one year, I don't have to repay anything. If it went too low multiple years they might not let me buy it.

You understand it has a $6400 deductible or whatever, right?  Its essentially no coverage unless you get sick a lot. Except a free flu shot every year.