Did a Flu shot help.?

They say getting the shot (even though you might still get the Flu) can lessen the severity and keep you from going to the doctor. It's a virus . . what can the doctor actually do? Also, how are Flu outbreak statistics accurately measured when you quarantine yourself? The only thing that has lessened my misery is "Mucus Relief" tablets to help break up chest congestion.

• audrey

I have gotten flu shots ever since they became available many years ago. I have never had the flu. I'm 73 now.

• TallPaul1 month agoReport

So you live alone in a cabin near the arctic circle?

No.  It's only 29% effective (last I heard) and insurance never covers the cost of it and I will never waste my time or money again.  Eat healthy and take some reputable supplements/herbs/tea and walk and rest and you will be fine.

• TallPaul1 month agoReport

In my area, Flu shots are free at a variety of places. I avoid doctors due to high costs and low insurance reimbursements. 

never had one.

flu shots are for the really old,really young and soap dodgers.

i wash my hands,avoid sick people and never touch my face if i have touched something the filthy have infected.

if you have cold or flu take zinc tablets.

• TallPaul1 month agoReport

There are times where you can't avoid sick people because they are in your household and you are providing care. Unfortunately, preventive measures against colds & sore throat have as yet not materialized. We suffer with the same colds & sore throat that are parents and grandparents had in 1800's.