Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

Why does my cat meow loudly if she is not with someone?

My (old) cat makes this deep loud meow that I have never heard from any other cat. She usually does it when she does not see anyone around her. Even in the middle of the night until we have to put her in another room away from our bedrooms because she is so loud. She does it for about 30 seconds, stops, then starts back up again a few minutes later until she sees someone. Has anyone had a problem similar to this? 

u should let her in your room then

• audrey

Keep her with you and see if that doesn't help.it would see she's lonely and scared.

• PR

You don't say just how old your cat is, or whether she is spayed.

-If she is not spayed, she may be doing this because she wants to find a mate.

-She could be sick. When a cat is sick, it will do different things, either seeking help from you, or simply acting differently than normal. In that case, take her to the vet to be checked. Most illnesses are treatable if you take the animal to the vet.

-She could be having either hearing or eye trouble. If she is having trouble figuring out where her humans are, this may be distressing to her. Keep her with you and see if this helps. Talk to her. 

I would take the kitty to the vet. That is the best first step if an animal is not acting itself.