Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

How will Camilla Parker Bowles be received by the public as Queen, especially after it was announced that she would only be Princess Consort?

Everyone knows she will be queen, but she will be not referred to as queen and will not be crowned.

I'd suggest she'll be received in exactly the same way as she's received RIGHT NOW by the majority of the public.  Nobody now loses any sleep over Camilla and I suspect the majority are just happy they are happy and know that they should have been together from the get-go.

'Only' be Princess Consort.  I'd suspect, as this was suggested years ago now, she will in fact be Queen Consort.   And at this point, we don't know when/if this will ever happen!!

• PAMELA

She will be charles's queen consort, whatever they say now, that is the law,the minute he is king she is queen.

She'll be Queen Consort  and  if  anyone has  any type of  decency about them they will not  accept  the  adulterous  trollop!

Why shouldn't she be Queen Consort? That's what every spouse of a King has always been called. Is there any good reason she shouldn't have that title? I can understand her not being called Princess of Wales because of sensitivities around Princess Diana. That would not have been appropriate. But why should she not have her proper title when Charles is King?

• The public will probably never love Princess Camilla, whatever her role, but they will quickly get used to a new title. It is interesting to see how this pariah has been gradually introduced to public life - with every step breaking some previous assurance it would never happen.

• Verulam ..... 1
      1 month agoReport

I'm sure she (and Charles) couldn't care less if 'the public' love or don't love her.  She's his wife and when/if he becomes King, will be the Queen Consort.  They had the Queen's approval, finally, to marry so that's IT.

Speaking for myself only I believe she has more sense than a certain user here who keeps calling her the Princess of Wales, she technically is but has the sense not to use the title, also having the sense not to go to the Diana memorial service despite an invitation, I can commend her for her thinking. Having said that since I disagree with the monarchy entirely she is just the same as the rest, not worth the money. If I met her I wouldn't be rude, she hasn't done anything to me, I would still say hello but not bow, not to anyone at all.

• Clo

We will have to wait and see. People who have actually seen her perform her duties, have met her, like her.People who actually know who succession works know that the wife of the king is a queen consort, a spouse with no powers to reign. And, people familiar with this situation know the reason why Camilla made that statement years ago: to appease the most rabid Diana fanatics. Camilla wanted these people to know that she, Camilla, was well aware that she could never take Diana's place and her choice of titles reflected that knowledge.

At the time of this announcement, many royal protocol experts were quick to point out that there is no such title as "Princess Consort" in the UK, that this was just a play of semantics... Years have passed and Camilla is settled in her job and is doing well. Prince Charles said that people will have to wait and see how things work out; he sees that there is no real reason for her not to be a queen consort, but we have to wait and see.