~

Can't send SMS. Samsung S8. Tried everything. Still won't work?

This is possibly a very complex problem, so probably the average person won't know the answer to this. 

Tech-knowledgeable people only, please!

I cannot send or receive SMS messages on my Samsung S8 phone.

However, I CAN send and receive MMS messages. Very mysterious!Here are the solutions that I have tried, and that have NOT worked for me:- Changing the APN settings on my phone to match my provider's exactly.- Changing the APN settings on my phone to match the NEXTGENPHONE settings exactly. (Phone flips out and stops mobile data connection completely if I change its APN settings to anything other than my provider's).- Restarting my phone (probably a thousand times).- Installing a different texting app.- Sending texts to multiple contacts. On different days.Absolutely NOTHING works.

What is the solution?? Is there a simple solution out there that I can work with? 

How do I get my phone to send and receive SMS messages again?

I look forward to your answers. :)

I've already called my carrier, as well. No one there is able to help either. They told me it would be fixed in 24 hours. Still not fixed. 

Also, I'm aware that SMS uses phone lines and not data. I meant to say that if I switch my APN settings to something other than my carrier's, my phone flips out. And blocks data as well. (Whereas otherwise, it doesn't).

Favorite Answer

call your carrier customer service until you get somebody that knows how to check how you're configured on their system

after you give up on that, delete everything, factory reset

if it doesn't work after that it's broke

• Lv 7

i don't know if that phone has any lesser resets, but you've probably tried any it has anyway.  if it had a removable battery i'd say pull that to reset but they don't do that any more i guess

• Olive

Something could try is turn off phone then remove sim card for bout 3 minutes then put back in a reboot phone n see if helps any 

Clear the caches anyway and update the phone and its apps (make sure the time/date is right) and then try putting it in Safe Mode. If it sends SMS now then you have app incompatibility or app issues and will have to disable them one by one until you find the culprit.

SMS uses the voice channel, not data.

• ~

Yes, I know. I meant that my phone blocks data connection TOO, if I switch APN settings.