Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

The Bible says that gays shall be put to death. Has this ever been practiced by Christians?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Cite the verse that commands Christians to put homosexuals to death.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. That was a command to the ancient OT Hebrews. Christ had not yet come into the world. There were no Christians then. Under Christs tutelage, thats murder. God personally handles that aspect now. 

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, since it is one of the ungodly practices of Old Testament times, that Jesus Christ, Almighty God, corrected.

• 1 month ago

'Christianity' has a long, rich history of killing people for all kinds of reasons (or none at all).

Modern 'christians' like to gloss over the violent, bloody history of their belief system - and instead focus on Jesus' message of peace (although some pine for the days when they could just kill people who disagree with them).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I don't believe you will find any teachings of Christ that say that. It is more of an Old Testament idea.

• Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Christians have killed many for not being as "they" think they should be but tend to ingore theirs while pointing at that they seem to see in others.

• 1 month ago

There is no dogma or doctrine of Christianity that instructs this. Have there been any Christians ever who killed a homosexual because of their homosexuality?  I'm pretty sure someone did. But you can't tell me that no atheist or non-Christian never killed a homosexual because of their homosexuality.

• ...Show all comments
    • And as I've said, there is no Christian dogma and doctrine instructing this. So, the point about some Christians doing it is moot.

• 1 month ago

Probably, in a few other Countries

• Justin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

More sodomites have killed themselves now with lethal sexual diseases than there were people alive during the entire Biblical era. 

They were FAR safer under Christian rule when the activities were being restrained by reverent fear. Very few 'public examples' were necessary, but they were quite effective for many generations, preserving lives, lineages and human dignity. 

• 1 month ago

Please read the New Testament.  It clears a lot of things up. 

• Lynnmarie
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Both parts.  This is the age of grace and mercy.  The time of Mosaic law is over.  All  have an opportunity to be saved. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.