Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Was it right or wrong for Harvard to withdraw Kyle Kashuv’s admission (He is a conservative survivor of Parkland)?

Kyle was busted for writing “N***er” even times on a private Google chat with his friends. He survived the Parkland high school shooting and is a pro-Republican.

Shortly after Harvard knew about his inappropriate use of the N word, they decided to rescind his spot at the Class of 2023.

Kyle tried to apologize and reclaim his admissions, but Harvard dismissed all of his remorseful letters because they simply did not believe in anything Kyle said.

Now was this correct or wrong for Harvard to do such a thing?

Oh, he used the n word? Oh, the humanity! No one cares. Blacks don't even care. I hear them using the n word all the time. I hear them use it with whites. So, no, I don't agree with Harvard if this happened. Students should be admitted into copleges for their brains and grades, not how politically correct they are.  

• Depends on the context.

Lots of whites, just like blacks, call their friends the n word.

Hell ...a lot of my black friends call me their n word, and I'm over forty and white, LOL.

If it was used in an obvious racist context, they were correct in doing so.

• Harvard has the right to do that

thats why you gotta be smart about what you post on the internet, at least if it can be traced back to you 

It was right. Harvard has a reputation to maintain as the world's premier university. Those values are incompatible with the ignorance and hatred espoused by racists.

• joshua

Just because you survive something doesn’t make you a noble or deserving person....One can still be a piece of sh@t 

I’d have to see how he used the word but elite colleges like do take character into consideration. If he just said it as a dumb joke, that’s one thing but if he was going on a anti black rant with those N’s, well then f@ck him and f@ck his character, Harvard would have made the right decision 

100% right. I don’t care what conservatives have to say, the use of the N word ending in “er” is never under any circumstances acceptable.