What The World Or The Pop Culture World Has Changed Since The Last Time The Kansas City Chiefs Are Super Bowl Bound In Super Bowl 4 (1970)?

By What 1970 Song It Heard? 

For The 1969 Kansas City Chiefs Only! 

• Cu Tie
    Favorite Answer

Just about everything has changed in the pop culture world since 1970, with the exception of the band Chicago - for the most part - remaining together (and back then, they were known as the Chicago Transit Authority). When the Chiefs were last in the Super Bowl, the Beatles and the Supremes were still together, the Doobie Brothers (who were just inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) were formed that year, and the #1 song was Raindrops Keep Fallin on My Head by B. J. Thomas.

A lot has changed.  In 1970 The Beatles were still together.  The Cold War and Vietnam War were happening.  Michael Jackson was 11 years old and hadn't diddled any little boys yet.  Richard Nixon was POTUS.

The #1 song on the Billboard charts in January 1970 was Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sySlY1XKlhM

Youtube thumbnail

. It was the theme song to the Robert Redford and Paul Newman movie - "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid".

Source(s): I was 11 years old then too, I remember watching that game. It's the first SB I remember seeing.