Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

On average, scientists have higher IQ scores than atheists. Could this be a sign that the scientific worldview is more intelligent than the?

atheistic worldview?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Scientists also have a higher average IQ than Christians. However, there are many scientists who are atheists, and many scientists who are Christians, and there is no difference in IQ among these people.

born again Christian biologist

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The scientific "worldview", if there can be said to be such a thing, is to rely on objectively verifiable evidence with a healthy dose of skepticism and not only continually retest what you think is true, but be willing to change as new evidence comes up.

The atheistic worldview, if there is such, would be along the lines of "we don't believe in any gods, because there is no reason to do so."

If these two world views were real, they would be in perfect harmony with each other, as opposed to the theistic worldview which is "I believe in a god or gods for no good reason and will do so without any evidence."

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, because IQ does not actually measure intelligence.Beside your premise is unsupported and likely false.

• 1 month ago

No. Clearly you are not a scientist.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As most scientists are ALSO atheists, how did you manage to ascertain that?

• Duck
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's a false correlation. I could just as easily say that on average, scientists have higher IQ scores than everyone on the planet, and state that this is a sign that scientific worldview is more intelligent than everyone's worldview.

• 1 month ago

"Atheists" are people who do not believe in God. Stand to sense that scientists, selected for reasoning powers, would do better than average.

• Jea
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

On average, scientists are atheists.  And that by a huge margin.

shot yourself down in flames again I see.

It used to be entertaining to see you dullards go through your mental contortions, but it is tiresome after so much of it.

• 1 month ago

Damn, I wish I still had moving ability.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.