Vintage Japanese Vase?

My family is going through old heirlooms and we stumbled across this vase that we know nothing about. If anyone has any information they can give us to further our research it would be much appreciated! 

Could be Chinese

Check that there's no cracks or chips in it after you carelessly "stumbled across" it; if there are it could negatively affect the value.

• John

I'm knowledgable but far from expert, and your pictures are not enough anyway. Every day someone posts a 50 cent piece of something here wondering about it. IMO your vase is far from that. Probably not worth a million dollars but well worth getting it looked at. It's a fine piece.

That looks Chinese. Japanese style is simpler. Yours has a lot of detailed decoration which suggests Chinese. Search chinese pottery marks online. I am sure there is a website or two that will help you identify it from the mark on the bottom. 

Out of curiosity I did a google search of 'chinese pottery marks' and found a ton of websites. You just have to wade through those until you see the same mark. 

There is no way to tell without seeing the stamps on the bottom. 

Here is more pictures