Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Do you agree with Trump that Dept.of Labor numbers on unemployment are fake, and it's really much higher? Like 20, 30, or 40 percent?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree w/ the DOL numbers.

Trump made that statement in 2016 while unemployment was shrinking fast f/ Obama's economic recovery.

Typically, what the right wing consistently did to minimize Obama's great job was claim the unemployment numbers were inaccurate because they didn't include "people who quit looking for work" ... lol ... like that only happened w/ Obama ... lol.

The reality? ... Obama handed trump an economy blossoming f/ recession to recovery. Trump rode the Obama coattails until 2018 when he enacted trade wars and tax reform that doubled the deficit. I don't see how that improved the economy.

The month Obama was inaugurated the US suffered 598,000 jobs lost. During his presidency, unemployment shrank f/ 10.2 to 4.6 when he checked out having enjoyed a record 75 consecutive months of job growth. All this despite the unprecedented GOP vow to obstruct the first Black president while trump was spewing his birther nonsense.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

The Department of Labor figures are correct although they are deceiving. Many American's who earned a decent hourly rate have found replacement jobs at much less per hour.

• 1 month ago

I don't know where you live, but there are help wanted signs literally everywhere in my city. There are three new restaurants that can't open because they can't find enough people to staff them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Last time Pelosi ran the house she crashed the economy. She back in charge again. 

Hmmmm

Under trump we have seen the lowest unemployment in over 60 years. We’ve seen wages finally rise when they were flat under Obama. The home ownership rate started to climb after falling for 8 straight years Under Obama. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No. Trump was wrong. Bush Jr. crashed the economy and sent unemployment soaring to 10.5%. Under Obama unemployment was reduced to 4.9%—a decline of 5.6%.

Under Trump, unemployment has fallen to about 3.5%—a decline of only 2.1%. More importantly, the Labor Participation Rate (LPR) has remained unchanged since Obama left office. That means more people have simply given up looking for work in the dismal Trump economy.

Republicans want you to believe the economy is great, and in support of this they point to record stock market growth, but the stock market is not the economy. It reflects growth of corporate profits, not growth in consumer savings or buying power.

Finally, the minimal wage growth we've seen (under 2%) has been more than consumed by Trump's ruinous trade war with China. The average American is worse off financially today than they were under Obama.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, the jobless rate is that high. 

• 1 month ago

I surmise you are clueless on the subject.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.