Work incident. What should I do?

So long story short, I agreed to come in to work until 1pm. After that time my anxiety meds would wear off. I waited until 1:05 and nobody came up to take over the till for me. There were two managers in the back. The list of who was working today said one was coming in at 1 and they were already there. So I left.

I then went in the office to put my stuff away. The manager asked if (random name of person who is suppose to come in after me) was there. I said no. They then grabbed my arm and told me in a condescending way, you need to make sure that somebody takes the till over for you hun. Because now nobody is up there. Ok? She was sitting down and I was standing up. I said ok and put my things away and left. I did not know somebody else was coming in at 1. I would have waited if I had known that. Nobody told me.

I thought that was annoying and took off. I couldn t shake the feeling all day. I realized why. They all know I have anxiety issues. Why would somebody I trust treat me like that and grab me?

So my questions is, should I report them to HR? Should I just talk to a manager? My concern is that they are doing this to other associates.

I had to call in work today because I was too anxious to come in after the incident. I did notify my councilor as well.

You might expect to be terminated. You NEVER walk away from a cash register (till) and leave it unattended.

If your "anxiety" is so bad that you can't stay when your meds wear off your employer is doing you a favor by employing you.

• Eva

Stop using your anxiety as an excuse for bad behavior. Common sense would tell you that you don't leave until your replacement arrives. You shouldn't have left. Learn to time your medication better and learn to conform to the rules of you workplace.