Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Democrats, if you were accused of a crime, would you want your trial run like the Democrats want this impeachment run?

Chewy, LMFAO, so you want the prosecution to be able to televise your inquiry allowing you NO witnesses, counsel or the ability to cross-examine witnesses. 

THEN, in the trial phase, the prosecution to be able to call witnesses that you have not had a chance to vet (your lawyer gets to grill them in private to learn what they are going to say to mount a defense) as per the normal process. 

SUUURE you do. Hope you get what you want. 

Strega, So what you are saying is all of the black people who were wrongly convicted based upon shoddy evidence and hearsay.... were all guilty. 

Got it. Remember you said that. 

Further, Strega, having "witnesses" who are getting sweetheart deals to get out of their own legal troubles that have nothing to do with you, you have NO FEAR that they might lie about you to save their own necks??? That is what you are saying?

I think you are a LIAR!!!

Jack H, you mean hearsay witnesses? I have people that say you raped a goat. It is all hearsay.  Let's have a "trial" where you get no lawyers, no defense, no witnesses, televise it all where I bring up MANY who say you raped a goat. THEN.... after I have dragged your name and YOUR CHILDREN have been thoroughly threaten... We have a real trial. 

SURE you would want that. 

I would want Witnesses, evidence and sworn testimony as there is no other way to show the truth.

• Jack H

Heck yes, with witnesses, cross examination, lawyers involved, heck, I would even be willing to give evidence myself... mind you, if I knew I was guilty and it was provable, I would prefer the Republican version which is going to be run...

With an impartial jury who hasn't decided my fate before hearing any evidence? Yes.

• Strega

If I was accused of a crime I didn't commit, I wouldn't be afraid of witnesses and act like a guilty person. 

Yes.  If I am accused of a crime, I would like the witnesses cross-examined at the trial.  I do not want the prosecutors to rush through the verdict they want without reviewing all of the evidence.

Edit:  The House investigation is like a police investigation.  The suspect's lawyers are never present to cross-examine witnesses while the police are interviewing.  That's done in the trial.  And I'm pretty sure Trump's legal team has already interviewed the people Democrats want to interview during impeachment trial.

Trumped up charges by traitors and liars. https://i.imgflip.com/3bwd1l.jpg

They would call that trial racist. They would demand it be stopped. Then they would riot.