What does this message mean ?

There's a message that comes on my ipod while it's charging says " charging with this accessorie is not supported ". I've had this ipod for 2 years it works good I had that charger for about 5 years maybe 10 it's never said that. What does that message mean ?

Favorite Answer

The charger or iPod might have been broken, or the iPod was not plugged in enough. It could have been plugged into an outlet with too much or too little electricity output.

I'm no expert though.

• John1 month agoReport

Well yes, but actually no. There could be a faulty/broken conductor in some wires, or a less efficient one.

These messages come up when anything not from the device manufacturer is used.  Could be slower - could be better! - and sometimes, will refuse to work anyway, even after you give permission.  It's all about Apple (inn this case) wanting you to stay brand loyal - and give them all your money.  

It isn't the charger that was intended for it. It will charge less efficiently. That's all