Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Was every good thing Princess Diana did just a PR move?

I mean, she supported charities, she touched sick patients, she did many things. But they were all in public. And appeared to be solely for the public. As in, she's doing it just to make herself look good. Was this all just an act. I mean, it's obvious every good thing the British royal family do is a pr move. I don't see why Diana would much different either. Even her own family said she had a problem. And her grandmother had to apologize to Prince Charles's grandmother for not telling her that Diana was a problem. I think Diana was just doing everything to make herself look good. Doing it as a pr move. She is a bad person, just like the rest of those rotten royals.

@Cognito, and how do you know they do things in secret. Do you go to their houses and have tea and biscuits with them troll. 

Favorite Answer

Yes you're right. Diana was horrible just like the rest of them. 

How do you know it was all in public? Are you psychic, or do you have x-ray vision or something?

• I suspect it was done for publicity, but Princess Diana had hand in choosing which causes to support and which not. I believe she did care for people and want to do the right thing, but she also wanted to be a spendthrift party girl who was adored by millions.

• Clo

I would hope not!  There are many of the late Diana, Princess of Wales' deeds that were done in secret and only reported after her death.

Diana did do some things in order to make herself look good and others not as good as she, but these things were deliberate public relations moves--secret interviews and meetings with authors and tabloid reporters.

For a more accurate, balanced look at Diana and how she lived, these biographies give a decent, all-around look at her life:

The Diana Chronicles by Tina Brown

Diana by Sarah Bradford

Diana: Story of a Princess by Clayton and Craig

Ever After: Diana and the Life She Led by Anne Edwards

Diana: In Search of Herself by Sally Bedell Smith

Diana was not a saint, but she was capable of doing, and did do good things. She also was capable of making poor choices and doing the wrong things as well--Diana was a human being--human beings are not perfect.

She drove through the night from Balmoral to London to be at the bedside of a dying AIDS patient she had met and befriended during her charity work. She had promised him she would be with him at the end and she lived up to her promise. No press were there to cover this visit to the dying man’s bedside. It was told about by his family. 

Source(s): “The Diana Chronicles” by Tina Brown
  • PAMELA

She did a lot of things without the cameras being there, any thing she did with the cameras there were official engagements, she also visited homeless shelters in private, she took her sons there to let them know just how lucky they were to be royal. She met a friend of mine on an official engagement to a hospital,my friend told her about her 6 year old son who was in the hospital suffering from a brain tumour, saying of course how worried she was about him, the next day a top cancer specialist called on my friend's son, got him admitted to another hospital, a private one, got him treated, and diana paid, diana said do not say anything about it, so if you were to repeat your remarks to my friend you would be in big trouble, my friend's son recovered.

I'd like to think not, but yes, it seemed to me that most of her 'charitable activities' were to make herself look caring.   I can't find where I read it now, but she allegedly said of her charities, 'well it's something to do'.   And at the time, William, even if Harry was too young, showed surprise!  Diana was a very damaged person from a dysfunctional family.   Before her arranged marriage poor girl.

Her 'secret' visits to hospitals etc had a habit of becoming public knowledge.

• Cogito

No - not at all.

She did hundreds of things to help people and kept them entirely secret.

Most of the rest of the royal family do the same.

That's the funny thing about secrets - most people never find out about them!