Do you think I would be better off killing myself as a 27 y/o Gay virgin with zero dating experience?

I am practically already dead in the gay scene, I'm practically invisible unless 40 y/o creeps count. No guy is ever interested in me and I work a dead end job. I'm barely paying my health insurance, barely scrapping together enough $ to keep my house lit and have peanuts left over for food. I think it would be better for me to just end it. My family doesn't know me, my friends are too busy with their friends, etc. I'm just wasting space.

"age discrimination"  Apologies for not wanting to get with some sleaze whose the same age as my father.

Favorite Answer

Och, that sounds bad!  But to answer your question, let's pick that assessment apart just a bit.  It SOUNDS bad, but IS it, really?

First of all, you won't be better off killing yourself.  Certainly if you were in horrible physical pain from a terminal condition then the best thing to do would be to end it.  But while you might be demotivated or depressed, and feeling strong existential distress, that's all fixable.  (You know this already.  You WANT to fix it, or you wouldn't have posted your question.)

Your difficulties are that you lack a meaningful social connection, and you don't have a dime to spare.  You've lost contact with your family, and other people seem to be more interested in those with more cash, (or who are at least in a better mood).  And you're a virgin, which you see as a problem, too.  These things sound like imposing obstacles, yes - but you haven't listed anything that's inherently flawed about you.  You just feel this isn't where you should be at 27.

Let's just assume for the moment that we could get you more cash and a handsome, charming boyfriend, and that you could have the experience of sexual intercourse under your belt.  Would having those three things turn your life into a paradise?  Well, maybe it would, maybe it wouldn't...we'll leave that up to you.  But if you conclude that you really, really want any of those three things, you should realize each of them is within your reach.  You're just going to have to recognize how very desperately you want them - and then become willing to go to commensurate lengths to get them.

Or (just as valid) recognize that you actually DON'T want those things enough to go through all the stuff you would have to do, in order to get them.  And having realized that, you'd be able to see that your situation isn't so bad, at all!

• reme_1

So you have hit some rough spots. It is time to grow up, not end you life.

1. Talk to a ctherapist and improve your outlook.

2. Look for a better job. Or two temporarily.

3. Save a few dollars and get your bills paid up.

4. Do something fun for a change.

5. Check out meetup.com -- you type in your city ( the larger the better). Type in whatyou are looking for: gay guys into ....... what do you enjoy doing? old movies, video games, sports, reading, sci fi, art, museums, etc

5. Meet some guys at a social get together.

So you want to kill yourself just because of the fact you are a virgin? A lot of people die a virgin and don't care about it, there's nothing wrong with being a virgin.

Being a virgin is not a reason to kill yourself so stop being stupid and be happy.

You can be happy a completed even if you have no man or no woman in your life.

You don't need a man or a woman to complete you!

• Tj

Some of those 40 year old men are great people. You would do yourself good to find a good one, that can help you and guide you. You need the help.

• Dan

Clearly your crummy attitude about other people is one of the main reasons no one has any interest in you.  Try being less negative and maybe you can find another troll somewhere.

its so ironic that on one hand you openly express age discrimination (40 y/o creeps) then go on to complain that because of your age you think no one is interested in you, that says you are going after partners who are way younger than you, which makes you the creep.

YOU are responsible for your life. If it is as you describe that is because you have arranged it like that. 27 years of age is the period when you should have it all. You have your freedom, still have youth and have health. What have you done to short circuit that.

27 is not that old. If you want get a date with someone it's the same as straight people. Work on your personality, confidence, apprearance, excercise, eat well. A better job would help but poor people date too. 

Not until you have tried another way.   Evidently you are fishing out of the wrong side of the boat.

Plus, all that dying will do, is to send you straight back to God.   Are you ready for that?