Visa for my wife?

We are a British family living in Iraq my children and I will have a British passport exempt of my wife, and I would like to take her to UK with a spouse visa if possibl with the cash instead of 6 months work, she is graduated from mousel University college of Art, THE QUESTION IS : does she need to get English language test or they accept her qualification.?

Thanks 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

A degree from any accredited university is a degree valid anywhere. However, if she is not fluent in English, it does her no good whatsoever. No jobs for her even after completing immigration requirements & obtaining authorization to work in UK. 

Her degree is irrelevant in getting her a spouse visa anyway. Such a school in Iraq is not an English-speaking university in an English-speaking country. She must meet English language proficiency requirements!

You realize that in addition to earnings (cash can make up the shortage if your earnings are inadequate, but you still must be working & earning), you must also have a suitable home for you, spouse & children. So plan to leave your spouse behind until you find a job, work the 6 months, and obtain suitable housing. Since you cannot be receiving or have received any benefits, you must purchase or rent your home on the open market. NO council housing.

Say you have 2 children, & need proof of earnings of GBP24,800. You find a job paying 20,000/yr. After 6 months on that job and still not earning more than 20k, you need 2.5 times the remaining 2400 pounds to make up the difference. And you still need a home suitable for the 2 parents + 2 children purchased or rented on the open market. Good luck affording that home on only 20k. And even once your wife legally immigrates with authorization to work, an art degree from Mosul is not going to get her any decent job even if she does meet minimum English proficiency requirements.

You have serious problems here. And your efforts to get around the rules will not help you in the least. 

• 1 month ago

You'll need the 6 months employment and minimum income to sponsor her visa. She doesn't need to pass an English test to join you if you qualify.

• Tavy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Yes she does, this happened to a friend 2 months ago. Visa refused unless she took a week long course in the English language.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So you need a cash savings requirement of at least £62,500 to do that.

There is no English requirement to apply for a spousal visa............AGAIN I will add the website you need to READ https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

• 1 month ago

First of all, the income required is £18,600 per year before tax. If your partner is bringing children with them you’ll need to earn an extra £3,800 for the first child, and an extra £2,400 for each child after that.

To just use the savings rather than income, you need £16,000 plus £2.50 for every £1 your income is below the financial requirement (including for children). The savings must have been in your name for 6 months or more.

ANd also yes, your spouse will need an English Language test.

For the initial 30 months application as a spouse/partner of UK Sponsor, an applicant needs to demonstrate a minimum English Language proficiency level of A1. They will then need to upgrade to A2 for the following 30 month period.

The only exceptions to this are:

- being above 65 years of age- having a disability and exceptional circumstances

- living in a majority English speaking country- having a degree taught or researched in English

• Salah1 month agoReport

Thank you very much for your kind reply 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You don't look British to me. 

You don't speak English like a native either.

I suspect that you're lying. You are not a British family in any sense.

• Salah1 month agoReport

Thanks anyway but you have to realise not every British has a blond hair and a blue eyes🤣🤣

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.