Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Agree or Disagree? Trump did a great thing for America when he enforced the 1st amendment rights to religious expression in?

American Public Schools. Now Public School Students can pray on school grounds

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I would be more impressed if evangelical families had daily devotions and pray together, which only 8% of them do, if 95% did that would be impressive. If Trump really cared about 1st amendment rights he wouldn't divide the country up over kneeling during the national anthem.

• Login to reply the answers
  • ctc453
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Trump doesn't support the first amendment. If he did, he'd stop crying over nfl athletes exercising their first amendment rights. Also what you mentioned is called establishment which is unconstitutional 

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As all the intelligent answers point out, the only ban was on school-organized prayer in a public school. How would the good Christians like it if the school required organized prayer to Allah, Satan, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster? When Regan signed the bill, he commented that, as long as there were exams, there would be prayer in all schools.

• ...Show all comments
    • oikoσ
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Actually, worshippers of Allah tend to be far right, not left. And communism is an economic concept, not religious. Please don't generalize.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

disagree ... freedom of religion includes the absence of it 

I don't care who, what, where people legally worship ... keep it out of politics. Separate church and state as many founding fathers wanted.

Have more lives been lost or souls saved in the name of religion? History has recorded countless deaths ... souls saved is faith based.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I don't think it's a "great" thing, but I do think it's wrong to tell Catholic kids to wipe the ashes off their forehead or Muslim children not to wear conservative clothing or do their daily prayers.

School shouldn't sponsor prayer, but it shouldn't impede kids who want to pray and should accommodate those kids within reason, in my opinion.

• ...Show all comments
    • Sfancik
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

So you're not upset that you couldn't pray in school after 1st grade, you're upset that everyone didn't have to pray with you anymore.  You're not suggesting that Congress or state legislatures are free to pass unconstitutional laws.  How was your right to freely express yourself limited???

• Duck
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Disagree. Public school students have /always/ been allowed to pray on school grounds. The only prayer that is not allowed is teacher or school led prayer. Students are always allowed to pray by themselves or in groups of individuals of like faith, just not directed by teachers or school officials.

This 'enforcement' is nothing more than election year grandstanding.

• ...Show all comments
    • bil
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

• 1 month ago

They always could pray on school grounds, nothing has changed, Trump did nothing.

What was the law, and still is, is that the schools themselves can not organize or force participation in any religious acts.

• ...Show all comments
    • Brian
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I sure hope that you get a Republican judge for your traffic ticket.  Otherwise, I'm sure you'll be sentenced to life.

• Brian
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They always could.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Students were always allowed to pray at public schools.

• ...Show all comments
    • Sfancik
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

He was allowed.  He's just pissed because they stopped making everyone else pray with him.

• hamel5
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They always could pray on school grounds.   The school can't lead the prayers or require them - but, if a group of students want to pray - they can. 

This is just a political PR stunt. 

• bil
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.