Should employees ever be reprimanded in front of customers?

...or should the employee be taken aside and reprimanded in private?

• Bort

It depends on the situation and scenario. In most cases it's not appropriate to discipline staff in front of customers but in some situation it is because it satisfies the customer that the manager is taking care of their concern or complaint they made.

No, but people have become very rude and outspoken these days in case you haven't noticed. In my opinion, a very large percentage of people that are in management positions should not be as they know little to nothing about how to properly manage the people they are responsible for.

• David B.
      1 month agoReport

Notatroll; I have no idea what you are talking about. Are employees required to wear name tags while on the floor? If so, then I assume you are not a manager because you didn't say anything or even care. If you are, then you just proved my point.

No, it's a bad look

• David

No, it should be done in private and with a witness.

Well...it doesn't look good to the customer. You are hurting your business if you do.