Princess asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Do conservatives agree with the concept of suicide/assisted suicide for adults with the capacity to make that decision for themselves?

No, most conservatives don't. Too many cases in Europe where euthanasia has been abused. Such as the teenage girl who was allowed to be euthanised because she had depression. Or any elderly person with ill health who gives 'consent' to euthanasia because their family convinced them that they are a burden.

• Zirp

Some of them do, some of them don't

Technically, no.

• This is a crime and a sin against Holly Spirit .your Congress is the Antichrist .The parliament should have stopped the causes and jaile the people who caused this and doesn t do that the parliament is a calgary competition of figure slaying and usa will be the first country to be punished by God .

• Judith

Very well said.  Deck the halls with Holly Spirit.

• abdul

I believe that we should all be able to make end of life decisions for ourselves without govt interference.

You don't need my approval to commit suicide . Go right ahead .

I do.

And have done so for most of my life, since I watched my grandmother change from a beautiful vibrant woman into a bedridden vegetable (Alzheimer's) and live that way for ten years.

• Mark

We don't really think that society accepts or approves of the idea. There are so many agencies, and medicine is advanced enough to treat anyone's problems.

• David

As a Christian suicide / assisted suicide would be considered a sin. For others and for sake of a law, then it is up to the individual to make his/her/its  on decision...

• y

I do, can't speak for others