Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Is the press attack on Meghan Markle just racist or is it more class snobbery ?

• Elaine
    Favorite Answer

It's a combination of both.  The British tabloids just can't get over the fact that the Duchess of Sussex is a divorcee, bi-racial, comes from the middle class, and horror of horrors an American. 

• Axiom
      1 month agoReport

More a case of her taking the piSS marrying to gain a royal title then copyrighting it for her own financial gains. She will be vilified believe me, I speak for many.

She is a gold digger is why.

Racist? What a load of crap. 'Racist' is just a buzzword used these days by the left as a weapon, that delegitimises real cases of racism. Do you have examples of the press actually being racist towards Meghan?

Class snobbery? Hardly. She is in the same position as Catherine (a commoner who married into the royal family), and Catherine is loved and respected because she fits into the role perfectly, she understands the concept of duty, self-sacrifice and responsibility that comes with being a member of the Royal Family, and that her life is one of duty to the Queen, the UK and the Commonwealth.

Look at Meghan on the other hand. A narcissist who can't stand not being in the limelight all the time, an American who doesn't get the British concept of restraint and duty, a SJW who can't accept that being a member of the Royal Family means you need to keep your mouth firmly shut about politics. She shows little if any affection or dedication to Britain or the Commonwealth, when her job is to serve them. She should have stayed in Hollywood with all the other sanctimonious megalomaniac Americans.

Meghan's "to do" list:

1  Marry a title

2  Avoid real work

3  Get out of frontline royalty so $ can be made

4  Keep title

5  Live in a republic but make $ on being royal

6  Live happily until 2nd divorce

7  Become Trump's next wife

Source(s): jealousy

Neither. I think the media likes to stir things up because it’s what gets them more views = $. I don’t really know nothing about Meghan to be honest. I don’t watch the news, I’m not on social media and I couldn’t care less what the Royal families do with their life. All they seem to do is go around posing with different charities. How is that hard work? And why is it a big deal to Brits if Megan wants to stop doing that? How about actually getting them to work AT a charity and DOING some work WITH their hands. 

Neither. She is a lazy woman, thinks she can cherry pick what duties to do. Apparently hospital openings were not high profile enough, she only wants the glamour gigs (when not in holiday or maternity leave of course)

No surprise she has made race the issue, after all when in Africa she was eager to point out how she was a ‘woman of colour’. 

• Jack H

Probably both. The whole family should be sacked really though...

It's racism plain and true.

Who feels it knows it so I don't want nobody telling me otherwise.  I KNOW what it is.

Neither. They are just showing what she really is, a gold digger.

• SheilaK
      1 month agoReport

My exact words.

The press don't like being sued.