Anonymous

Can you die from vitamin deficiencies?

Was forced to get tested long story short & am supposedly deficient in a lot... Am 24, female, underweight, have GI disorders, suppose to take supplements and retest, eat better, etc...I could care less...haven’t cared to eat more or to go get the stupid prescriptions. Also, my doc wouldn’t shut up about a 19 vitamin d level. That’s not even super low. Whatever I just was curious what would happen. I wouldn’t mind dying. I hate life

Update:

It’s been 30 days since the test & I don’t see any difference..not taking any stupid supplements 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

In some cases of malnutrition, yes

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes, you can die from vitamin deficiencies.  But you are unlikely to get low enough to actually do that.  Instead you are more likely to have ongoing health issues.  A major one being depression.  You may "hate life and wouldn't mind dying" because your vitamins are too low.

Fill the prescription and force yourself to take the vitamins for 60 days.  You may be surprised about how much better you feel.  And you may find that you are no longer as depressed, have no energy, and want to die.  

Your lack of vitamins is already "killing" you, in that it is robbing you of your health and any happiness in life.

Really, how is it going to hurt you to swallow a vitamin pill once a day for a month or two to see how much difference it makes?

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, after a REALLY long time (as measured in years) - but even if you are not taking supplements, there are vitamins in foods.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.